Saturday, July 26, 2008

Road trip!






Caladisi Island State Park was voted #2 beach in the nation ,so I thought since it is only 85 miles to Dunedin why not go for a day trip!

It really is a beautiful beach, you start out with a 20 minute ferry ride over to the island. As soon as we boarded the boat it started to rain, but we made the best of it and had faith that the sun would win out over the rain! It only rained for about 30 minutes and the weather turned out to be perfect.
Flynn has really turned into a beach kid and will play for hours in the sand and the surf, he doesn't mind the sand all over him or the salt water in his face, which is a miracle considering when he was one he would have a fit every time I tried to put him down in the sand!
Chan,Dylan, and Brandon rented kayaks so of course when they got back Flynn really wanted to try it, the current was ripping so he really only got to sit in the kayak!

I look forward to taking Michaela but would I vote it a better beach then Pam Island the answer is No!

No comments: