Oct.16th marked my 39th birthday. Michaela was excited all week for my actual birthday to arrive and the morning of, she woke up bright and early, got Flynn out of his crib and brought him into the bathroom, (where I was getting ready) and starting singing Happy Birthday Dear Mommy..cha,cha, cha... I was choked up it was so wonderful.
That evening after our normal swim team practice, and co-op for Flynn, my mom came all the way up from Naples to help me celebrate. As we where all sitting around chatting the door bell rang..(extremely weird for that to happen after dark at our house) My girlfriend Becky's husband had hand delivered a homemade pineapple upside down cake! Not only is this my absolute favorite cake, but to think that Becky and Mike would go to so much trouble was heartwarming. I enjoyed a wonderful birthday weekend. Pam and Crissy took me to the Barn, my mom took me on a huge shopping spree for new work clothes and watched Flynn so I could have an adult night out with Dad and Karen at Luna's. And then out again the next night with Beck,Kim, and Chantelle. Earlier in the month my Dad and Karen had given me a brand new 32" flat screen TV for my room, I definitely felt like a princess. The part I loved the most was all the happy bday messages....
No comments:
Post a Comment