This year the kids and I decided to participate in another charitable event besides just baking cookies and serving them at Give Kids The World. I asked my employer century 21 if the employees could bring an unwrapped toy instead of exchanging gifts with each other. Not only did we get a huge amount of toys for the Baby DJ drive but we also wrapped a huge box in wrapping paper and had it as a drop off location for others in the area who wanted to contribute. Every week we wouldOnce we collect all the toys the kids and I had to go through them and sort them by type of toy and age group. we then took all the toys to Maitland and distributed them to the Baby DJ fund. I know the kids got a better sense of what the meaning of giving is. I also feel that they appreciate all of the wonderful things they have more because of knowing that so many kids do without during the holidays. It was wonderful to watch Flynn carry a huge fire truck into the event knowing in my heart he really wanted it for himself , I was worried he might start cryign once it was time to hand it over, but he just smiled and handed it to the worker and said "dis is for da kids", I was so proud of both my children. Thank you to everyone who helped by donating a toy.
No comments:
Post a Comment