Thursday, January 29, 2009

Michaela hits the double digits!


Wow, Michaela is now officially a Tween! (with attitude and all). This years birthday extravaganza was a "spa" slumber/American Girl doll party with 10 girls! I was so jazzed to keep the numbers so low! Mic wanted the whole kit and caboodle with pedicures, and beauty shop,hair extensions,friendship books and to make blankets for the girls doll's!
I transformed the dining room into a spa, with each girl having a special seat with foot bathes,special lotions,cucumber eye masks,cool nail decals and each girl got to shop for there beauty items "Libby Lu" style. I made all the girls friendship books with a picture of them with Michaela, and questionnaires asking them all there favorite goodies.
We started the evening with a taco bar,and chocolate fountain after the girls ate they all changed into there Jammie's and came into the "spa" while I painted one girls toes the others, made there special Hannah Montana lotion complete with glitter and perfume spray. After it seemed like hours of me, Becky and Rosemary giving foot massages and painting toes, we finally ate cake and sang Happy Birthday and of course opened up gifts! After that the girls got out there Doll's and I showed them how to make tied Hannah Montana blankys... At around midnight a few of the girls went home and I settled the others down with popcorn and the new American Girl movie..... At 3 am the last girl was finally asleep. the first to fall asleep was Kaelie with Meej nodding off soon after, the last girl to catch some ZZZ's was Zoe! The next morning I made all the kids Mickey Belgian waffles and bacon, then off they went! Needless to say I needed a nap after back to back birthday weekends!

No comments: